熱點

【】

字号+作者:囫圇吞棗網来源:百科2026-02-16 10:42:21我要评论(0)

Fox Business has parted ways with host Trish Regan, who was heavily criticized earlier this month fo

Fox Business has parted ways with host Trish Regan, who was heavily criticized earlier this month for calling coronavirus an "impeachment hoax" against Donald Trump.

The network announced its decision on Friday. "Fox Business has parted ways with Trish Regan — we thank her for her contributions to the network over the years and wish her continued success in her future endeavors," a spokesperson said in a statement.

The network also provided a statement from Regan herself. "I have enjoyed my time at FOX and now intend to focus on my family during these troubled times," she said. "I am grateful to my incredible team at Fox Business and for the many opportunities the network has provided me. I’m looking forward to this next chapter in my career.”

Regan's show had been on hiatus since March 13, which she alleged was due to the network taking "prudent steps to limit staffing levels" during the pandemic. The network said it would continue with that reduced schedule in order to "allocate staff resources" to covering coronavirus.

Mashable Top StoriesStay connected with the hottest stories of the day and the latest entertainment news.Sign up for Mashable's Top Stories newsletterBy signing up you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.Thanks for signing up!
SEE ALSO:Trump criticized after making careless comments about the coronavirus on Fox News

Regan is far from the only Fox host to controversially downplay coronavirus concerns, but she may have been the least viable from a business perspective. Sean Hannity, for example, called the virus a "new hoax" on March 9 — the same day as Regan's comments. (Now, under scrutiny, he and other hosts are pretending they never said anything of the sort.)

However, as the New York Timespointed out in its coverage of Regan's departure, Hannity has a far bigger audience.

Of course coronavirus is not a hoax of any kind, and Fox News's coverage to that effect has misinformed millions of viewers, many of whom are at particular risk themselves. Now the network appears to be taking the virus more seriously, but it's already done some damage: Multiple polls show that Fox News viewers are much less likely to be worried about coronavirus than those who favor other outlets.

UPDATE: March 28, 2020, 2:59 p.m. ET This story has been updated with a statement from Fox on behalf of Trish Regan.

TopicsCOVID-19

1.本站遵循行业规范,任何转载的稿件都会明确标注作者和来源;2.本站的原创文章,请转载时务必注明文章作者和来源,不尊重原创的行为我们将追究责任;3.作者投稿可能会经我们编辑修改或补充。

相关文章
  • Pokémon Go is so big that it has its own VR porn parody now

    Pokémon Go is so big that it has its own VR porn parody now

    2026-02-16 09:55

  • 穆勒:保持踢門興的表現沒多少對手能開心 薩比策踢得非常出色

    穆勒:保持踢門興的表現沒多少對手能開心 薩比策踢得非常出色

    2026-02-16 09:36

  • “英倫德比”英格蘭3:0大勝威爾士 小組頭名出線(英格蘭3:0蘇格蘭)

    “英倫德比”英格蘭3:0大勝威爾士 小組頭名出線(英格蘭3:0蘇格蘭)

    2026-02-16 09:03

  • 【波盈足球】 世足法國決賽利空 中鋒吉魯膝蓋不適恐缺陣  ( 前鋒,駱駝 )

    【波盈足球】 世足法國決賽利空 中鋒吉魯膝蓋不適恐缺陣 ( 前鋒,駱駝 )

    2026-02-16 08:00

网友点评